Zaproszenie do udziału w konferencji "Challenges to European Security" - 24-25.10.2022
zapraszamy studentów studiów magisterskich i doktoranckich do udziału w dwudniowej konferencji (24-25 października 2022) w ramach sieci Europaeum w Pradze.
Uczestnicy będą mieli możliwość uczestniczenia w dyskusji lub zaprezentowania 10-15 min. wystąpienia na temat "Challenges to European Security".
Poniżej więcej szczegółów:
Challenges to European Security
24-25 October 2022, Prague, Czechia
The war in Ukraine has put European security under the spotlight. It raises a host of issues including, but not limited to, the following:
• The political, legal, economic & social implications of the return of major armed conflict;
• The future of Europe’s security architecture including NATO, the CSDP, and the OSCE;
• The response to Russia’s bid to restore control over the post-Soviet space;
• The foreign and security policies of major players like France, Germany & post-Brexit UK;
• Transatlantic relations and developing a common US-EU approach to rising China;
• The EU’s quest for strategic autonomy;
• The future of EU policies in the Western Balkans, Eastern Europe and the MENA region;
• Human security, especially in light of the influx of millions of refugees from Ukraine;
• Cyber security.
This two-day conference convened in partnership with Charles University in Prague will explore all these challenges to security in Europe. The event will gather leading practitioners, academics working in the field of foreign and security policy, as well as graduate students from universities in the Europaeum network. It will feature keynote lectures, and panel discussion, with all attendees expected to contribute to working groups and debates.
We welcome applications from master’s and doctoral students from within the Europaeum network who wish to either present a 10 to 15-minute paper or contribute to the discussions. Participants will be given pre-event reading materials and join lively working groups during the event. Those not presenting papers will be asked to take an active role in discussing the papers.
Confirmed speakers include Dr Antonio Missiroli (Leiden, former NATO Assistant Secretary-General), Dr Hanna Smith (Director of Research and Analysis at the Centre of Excellence for Countering Hybrid Threats), and Lieutenant Colonel Dr Seth A Joshnston (Heidelberg, Georgetown, US Army).
Deadline: 11 September 2022
Dział Współpracy Międzynarodowej
Czapskich 4/13, 31-110 Kraków
tel. +48 12 663 38 55
Osoba publikująca: Krzysztof Burski