The Department of Health Pedagogy
The Department of Health Pedagogy was founded by the Rector of the Jagiellonian University on March 1st, 2019 (Order number 22, February 22nd, 2019).
- The scientific interests of the research team generally concern the problem of health analyzed from a holistic, salutogenic, and pedagogical perspective.
- The main areas of research concentrate on the following problems:
- The pedagogical diagnosis of the psychosocial health of children, youth, and adults including those with special developmental and educational needs;
- The diagnosis of individual, environmental, and cultural determinants of behaviors related to health, including risk behaviors, and the development of pedagogical programs of health promotion;
- The development of psychosocial health and well-being in students, including students with disabilities, as analyzed in the context of developmental changes occurring during adolescence and taking into consideration the impact of family, school, and peer environments;
- Designing educational programs that support the healthy aging of seniors;
- The methodology of health education in institutions of education, social care, and resocialization, including both the planning and evaluation of such educational programs;
- Analyzing the interconnections between different types of social relationships and psychosocial well-being, especially in socially disadvantaged groups (e.g., children with various types of developmental disorders, people with mental disorders);
- Examining ways to improve the reliability and validity of measurement methods in the field of pedagogical diagnosis.
- NCN research grant – OPUS 14, head: dr Paweł Grygiel – Inter-personal peer relations and psychosocial well-being in the early and early middle adolescence.
- NCN research grant – MINIATURA 2, head: dr Barbara Ostafińska-Molik – Psychometric properties of a shortened version of the BPM scale (Brief Problem Monitor) measuring behavior disorders in children and adolescents – analysis using many sources of information
Head of the Department